|1 : A classic hammock or an hammock with wooden bars, which one to choose?
The difference between the hammocks with or without bar is the kind of comfort that is desired .
The classic hammock will molds to your body to perfection and will creates a small universe of relaxation. This type of hammock is also much more stable and safe for children and the elderly.
The hammock with wooden bars will offer better visibility and helps to keep a better visual contact with family, friends and guests. There must be more careful in there amount, but once inside, it offers excellent comfort.
|2 : How much space do I need to install a hammock?
The Classic hammock
Our smaller hammocks are 300 cm (9 ft 10 in) long and they will require a minimum space of 270 cm - 290 cm (8 ft 9 in - 9 ft 5 in). As for the height, it takes a minimum of 120 cm (4 ft ) to hang the hammock at the correct height . Our greatest hammocks measure 400 cm (13 ft ) and will require a minimum space of 360 cm - 390 cm (11 ft 8 in - 12 ft 8 in). They will be attached to a minimum height of 160 cm (5 ft 2 in).
The Hammock with spreader bars
Hammocks are 400 cm (13 ft ) long and require a minimum of 390 cm (12 ft 8 in). As for the height, you will put the attachment points at a minimum of 120 cm (4 ft ) from the ground. The distance from the ground should be approximately 15 -25 cm (5 in - 6 in).
|3 : How to distinguish quality differences in the hammocks?
The quality of the hammock is in a number of factors:
Wire and weaving quality - The choice of the most appropriate thread, is among the most important decisions when designing a hammock. The wire must resist tearing , to ensure the maximum possible load. At the same time, it must have a quality of softness and suppleness and should evoke a pleasant feeling of the fabric.
The colors and quality of dyes - The hammock , from Latin America, symbolizes happiness and well-being at a time, which is reflected in the intensity of colors. To ensure the longevity of intensive colors and UV rays, resistant enough to keep their original radiation, our hammocks LA SIESTA rely on dyes from renowned producers such as Ciba or DyStar . In independent laboratories, the products are tested for their resistance to light , to detergents and to perspiration . The results are reaching maximum values. The cotton products are distinguished by their excellent quality colorfast.
The quality and quantity of suspension ropes – The macramé system supporting the bed of the hammock is very important for safety and durability. A well woven and good quality rope, will provide better support and are more able to withstand the tension exerted by the occupant. The strings support from hammocks of lower quality, often wear from abrasion and their lesser quality. If a string breaks, it is not possible to repair and comfort of the hammock will be compromised.
The woods – The hammocks with bars and the hammock chairs get their typical form provided through their spacer bars visible on both sides, and the fabric stretched . We only use wood from sustainable forest crops in accordance with the criteria of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). In order to prevent the erosion of woods, we submit them to protection treatments.
The finish – The neat finishing of many small details, gives our hammocks and hammock chairs a unique character that can be felt, by stroking the material with Eyes closed. While the fabrics are manufactured on modern looms, fasteners and strings are manufactured with great attention to detail.
|4 : Can I leave my hammock outside?
Our cotton hammocks are highest quality and are among the most durable. However, had the nature of cotton, it is not recommended to leave them outside for extended periods of time. We have some hammocks made of polypropylene. They offer increased resistance to mold, but they should be bring inside when they are not in use.
|5 : What is the lifespan of a hammock?
Our hammocks , if they are kept indoors and protected from the weather, can serve you for several years.
|6 : How do I clean my hammock?
You can clean your hammock by hand with a mild soap. We recommend that you do not machine wash to reduce the risk of damaging the ropes for support.
|7 : What are the weight capacities of a hammock?
Depending on the hammock, they can support 120 kg to 200 kg. (265 lb - 440 lb)
|8 : How high do I need to install a hammock chair?
Our hammock chairs can be hung at a height of 215 cm - 245 cm (7 ft - 8 ft ) minimum . However, with the purchase of an attachment assembly for chair hammock, you can hang your hammock chair to a height of 315 cm (10 ft ).
|9 : What is the warranty for the hammocks, the hammock chairs and stands for hammocks?
|Warranty against manufacturing defects for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
If a purchased item on our Web site displays a manufacturing defect, please notify us by registering on our website, to fill out our form for the return of defective items. We will contact you as soon as possible, and we will issue a return authorization number and the shipping instructions. Following the receipt of the returned item, we will after analysis and at our discretion, replace the defected item or issue a refund directly to your credit card. Items shipped by us that are defective and items shipped by us that you did not order will qualify for a full refund (including shipping fees).
Note : The resulting problems of the following situations are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage caused by an abnormal use of the product.
- Damage caused by time (sun, wind, rain, etc ...).
- Damage caused by improper storage.
- Damage caused by an inadequate installation.
- Damage caused by improper maintenance.
- Damage caused by exceeding the permissible load of the product.
When you receive your order, please check the box (s) for signs of damage before you open your product! If you think there may be damage to the product, please take a photo of the unopened box. This will help to prove that the injury was the fault of the carrier. Please keep the original packaging until you have verified that your product works as expected, as warranted.
|10 : What is your return policy?
WARNING: ALL ITEMS RETURNED TO OUR WAREHOUSES WITHOUT A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER WILL NOT BE REFUNDED OR EXCHANGED. We accept the return of merchandises for an exchange or a refund, under certain conditions:
1) The merchandise must be returned with an authorization number which must be provided by our customer service. ( See the online form for obtaining the return authorization number: "online form")
2) The product must be returned in its original packaging with all documentation. The product must not have been damaged or used. It must be able to be put back in stock in perfect condition (ready for resale)
3) Merchandise must be returned to us within 15 days of receipt of the return authorization number provided by our customer service.
4) The transport fees for the returned merchandise is the responsability of the client and are at his own expense.
5) Import fees to Canada and brokerage fees (from products imported from U.S.A. or Ecuador) must have been paid by the customer to the carrier and will not be reimbursed by Hammock-canada.ca
6) Eligible products must be returned to their origin location (U.S.A., Ecuador or Canada; depending on the case) in accordance with a traceable delivery method. (UPS, FedEx, USPS, with tracking number)
7) There's a Restocking charge of 20% of the value of the order that will be deducted from the reimbursement.
8) Refunds are contingent upon inspection of item(s) once we receive it.
|11 : How to order in the online store Hammock-Canada.ca?
A) Find the type of hammock, "hanging chair" or "hammock stand" that you like. Once found, you just click the image of the product, fill the quantities needed in the quantity box and click "ADD TO CART". You will be able to change the quantity before you finalize your order in due time.
B) In the "Shopping Cart" section (accessible from the main menu), you can click "CONTINUE SHOPPING" to add other products related to hammocks, to your order.
- You can also click on the button "Estimate Shipping & Taxes" to assess the cost of shipping of your order depending on the size and weight of the items.
- You can adjust the quantity or remove items in your cart. Remember to update your cart after each change. Update your order by clicking the blue arrows icon.
NOTE: Products added in your cart will be stored in memory for your shopping, even if you just log out or accidentally close your browser.
C) Start recording your order of hammock, by clicking on the button "Checkout" and follow the steps one by one to complete your purchase.
- In the first step, you will be asked to "Register Account" or make a "Guest Checkout".
We suggest you create an account, because you will have more options to monitor the status of your order, and keep a reference of the commands you have made with us.
- If you have completed an order by using a temporary guest account "Guest Checkout", it will not be possible later to view a previous order on our website. However, once your order has been shipped, you will receive a confirmation email with the complete information of the parcel tracking number.
|12 : Where can I find information on my order?
If during your purchase, you have created an account, you can access information about your order, by clicking the link "LOGIN" in the main menu and by identifying yourself with your email address and with your password. Once logged into your account you will have access to your order history. If you have forgotten your password; click on the "Forgotten Password" in the Web page of the "LOGIN" section, in the main menu.
If you have completed an order by using a temporary guest account "Guest Checkout", it will not be possible to view a previous order on our website. However, once your order has been shipped, you will receive a confirmation email with the complete information of the parcel tracking number.
|13 : Where can I make changes to my account information?
At the bottom of the home page of our website, you will find the "My Account" link; after entering your email address and password, you can make changes to your personal information and address changes.
|14 : How long the customer service will take to answer my questions?
Our customer service is available 7 days a week:
- by email, you will receive an answer within 24 hours (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- by phone, you will receive an answer between 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM (eastern time).(Tel.: +1-514-778-3648)
|15 : Do you ship outside Canada?
- Hammock-Canada.ca does delivery in Canada only.
- We accept to ship our products as delivery addresses confirmed by PayPal.
- We do not ship to PO Boxes.
|16 : What are the delivery conditions?
TERMS OF DELIVERY:
- Our shipments are done from warehouses in Canada, the United-States and Ecuador.
- Only valid delivery addresses are accepted. (We do not ship to PO Box addresses)
- Our carriers (UPS, FedEx, or Canada Post) will deliver your order within 9 business days.
- You will receive a confirmation email with tracking number within 48 hours of your purchase.
- Some northern and rural areas might have shipping cost premium charges.
(Please check with us before order or we'll inform you add extra charge after your order.)
- Some products are localised in warehouses that are outside of Canada (information visible in the products descriptions), ordering these products will incur import duties, taxes and brokerage fees that are borne by the customer. Recipients of orders are responsible for all Duties/Taxes and Fees for shipments into Canada and they will be asked to make the payment for these fees at the point of delivery. Failure to pay the Canadian Duties/Taxes and Fees does not alter the terms of the sale. Customers who fail to pay these charges will not receive a refund for the costs incurred with the sale.
- Orders are shipped without requiring a signature at delivery. Do not leave parcels sitting outside unclaimed. Notably, we are not responsible for parcels stolen from your doorstep after delivery is made to the address you provided. Shipping carriers will not pay claims on parcels where the tracking shows "delivered". Please enter a safe and secure address for delivery purposes.
- Our responsibilities: - instruct the shipping carrier to deliver to the address you supplied at checkout - to ship in a timely fashion - pack shipments in such a way so they arrive undamaged. Your responsibilities: - supply us with a safe and secure address for delivery - monitor the tracking information that we deliver to you via email and/or SMS text message so you'll know when your parcel is out for delivery, and can retrieve it promptly.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by email.
Email to: info@hammock-canada
|17 : Why some products offered are not cleared customs and require buyer to pay import fees?
|The reasons are simple: We want to offer the lowest price and the widest choice of models.
Here's how we analyse that:
- By keeping transport costs as low as possible ... (The goods require only one transport, from our supplier to the customer)
- Since we are not warehousing these goods in Canada, we cut the storage costs and it will be reflected on the retail price.
- Other advantages to minimize the retail price; the customs charges billed to our clients are calculated from our cost price of the products and not on their retail prices.
(For example; when you buy from Amazon.com, the customs fees you will be charged, will be calculated on the retail price ...)
The advantage is therefore a wider range of models at lower prices, but in return, the import costs will have to be invoiced to customers after delivery. These charges are generally hidden in the retail price.
|18 : When will my order be shipped?
Our standard shipping process is as follows:
1 to 2 working days for the processing and preparation
3 to 9 working days for the package to arrive to you with standard delivery
|19 : When will I receive my tracking number?
Once your package has been shipped , you will receive a confirmation email with full tracking information.
|20 : What are your payment options?
You can choose to pay with your Paypal account or your own credit card.
We use Paypal server for a secure payment. PayPal is designed from the ground up to be one of the safest way to send money online. Unlike other financial institutions, the payments are sent without sharing financial information. In fact, PayPal never shares your credit card number or other financial information with merchants.
Safeguarding your financial and personal information is one most important priority. That’s why Paypal automatically encrypt all sensitive information sent between your computer and their servers. Information is protected by SSL with an encryption key length of 168 bits (the highest level commercially available).
|21 : What can I do to avoid problems with the PayPal transaction service?
|When you pay by Paypal, your shipping address must match the address on your credit card.
Here are some alternatives that you can try:
- Make sure to specify properly your address, ZIP code and city .
- Your shipping address should match the address stored in your PayPal account or associated with your credit card.
If during a transaction, you still have problems after trying these solutions, we recommend that you contact PayPal directly.
|22 : What shipping methods do you use?
Our deliveries are made by UPS, FedEx, or Canada Post.